NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Truliant Federal Credit Union (“Truliant”) will conduct the Truliant VISA Credit Card Sweepstakes (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 18 years old or above. Truliant employees, vendors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, February 20, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, April 8, 2017. Truliant reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(1) Automatic entry: Members will automatically receive one entry every time they use their personal Truliant VISA Credit Card during the contest period.
(2) To enter without purchase or obligation by U.S. Mail: Hand-print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number (including area code) and email address on a 3.5" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Truliant VISA Credit Card Sweepstakes, ATTN: Marketing Department, 3200 Truliant Way, Winston Salem, NC, 27103.
Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. We are not responsible for illegible entries, entries lost or delivered late by the postal service. Entries become the property of Truliant and must be postmarked by April 8, 2017, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Prize: Two winners will receive $2,500 each deposited into a Truliant account in winner’s name.
5. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified by phone or email on or about Tuesday, April 11, 2017. Winners must have valid contact information (phone or email) where they can be notified, and consents to receiving communication on their phone or through email for notification purposes. Truliant reserves the right to award the prize to another winner.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Winner is subject to verification by Truliant of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Truliant reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award a prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Winner must claim prize within ten days of notification or prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Truliant reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. All costs and expenses except as explicitly set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Contest constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Delivery Disclaimer: Truliant disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Truliant Federal Credit Union will not be held liable to any person for any personal injury, property damage or other loss, damage, injury or expense resulting from a winner’s acceptance or use of a prize.
9. Taxes: The value of any prize awarded to a winner must be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Truliant, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless Truliant Federal Credit Union and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize.
In consideration for his or her participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina. North Carolina law shall govern this Contest, without regard North Carolina’s choice of law rules. The courts of North Carolina shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest.
14. Official Rules: To request a written copy of the Rules, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Truliant VISA Credit Card Sweepstakes, ATTN: Marketing Department, 3200 Truliant Way, Winston Salem, NC, 27103.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Truliant VISA Credit Card Sweepstakes, ATTN: Marketing Department, 3200 Truliant Way, Winston Salem, NC, 27103.
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest.