Summer is proceeding quickly, but there’s still a lot of fun to be had. At Truliant, our goal is to help educate our members and provide you with new ways to help you ensure your travels are safe and worry-free when it comes to your financial security.
Before You Leave
- Contact your local post office and put your mail on hold during the time you are gone. This can also easily be done online at usps.com by clicking on “Manage Your Mail".
- Set up your online bill pay with Truliant so you can view/pay your bills while you’re away.
Debit and Credit Cards
- Only take the credit and debit cards that you expect to use, plus a backup. When you get home, check your balance and the charges on your cards. You can also monitor your balances while you are traveling with our mobile banking app.
- Memorize your personal identification number (PIN); do not write it on your card.
- If you lose one of your cards, report it immediately.
- Call Truliant at 800-822-0382 before you travel, so that we may activate your cards to be usable in the designated states and countries during your trip.
Questions to Ask Truliant
- Will my card work at my destination? Because some destinations have additional security alerts affecting the Truliant debit, credit and ATM cards, make sure to call us at 800-822-0382 and specify which locations you’re traveling to and the dates you’ll be gone. This will help us to know that it’s really you using your card (not a stolen card), and we won’t turn off your cards while you are away.
- Will there be a fee if I use my debit card at an ATM?
- If my credit/debit card is lost or stolen, what should I do?
- What phone number should I call if there’s an emergency?
- What is my debit card’s daily limit for ATM withdrawals? Be aware that many interntional ATMs have their own limits.
It never hurts to get a refresher on keeping your finances safe during summer travel. Our best to you during these months!