Samsung Pay Frequently Asked Questions.
Q: When will other mobile wallet options become available for use?
Truliant offers Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay for your convenience.
Q. What do I need to use Samsung Pay?
A. Samsung Pay works with all Truliant debit and credit cards, but you will need a compatible Samsung device. Visit the Samsung Pay website for the most up-to-date list of compatible devices and requirements.
Q. How do I add my Truliant debit and credit card(s) to Samsung Pay?
A. Just follow these simple steps:
- Install the Samsung Pay app on your phone (on compatible devices, a shortcut to download and install the app is preloaded).
- Open the Samsung Pay app. Your Samsung account will be automatically linked to Samsung Pay. Sign in to your Samsung account if you’re not already signed in (or create a new Samsung account if you don’t already have one). Touch “START” to continue.
- Set up your verification method (fingerprint or PIN).
- Touch “ADD” or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch “Add a debit or credit card.”
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- Enter the remaining information and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Use your finger or a stylus to enter your signature and touch “SAVE” then touch “DONE” to complete the process.
Your card will be verified in about 10 minutes and then it can be used to make a purchase.
Upon successfully verifying certain information related to the debit card, your account will be approved and you may begin using Samsung Pay.
To activate your credit card in the Digital Wallet, enter your credit card details. You will then receive a one-time passcode by text or email. Upon successfully entering the one-time passcode, you may begin using Samsung Pay.
Q. Can I add my cards to multiple devices?
A. Yes. There are no restrictions on adding the same payment cards to multiple devices. Please note that your cards must be added to each device and complete the card verification process separately. The total number of devices you can add the same cards to may vary by the card issuer.
Q. How does Samsung Pay differ from Apple Pay or Android Pay?
A. The main difference is that Samsung Pay works at almost all stores that accept debit and credit cards, not just those with tap-to-pay NFC terminals.
Q. Where can I use Samsung Pay?
A. Samsung Pay works almost anywhere you can swipe your card or tap and pay. Samsung Pay is the only mobile payment service that works at the majority of U.S. retail locations. To see the most up-to-date information on where you can use Samsung Pay visit the Samsung Pay website.
Q. How do I make in-store purchases with Samsung Pay?
A. Samsung Pay can be used to make in-store payments at most merchants equipped with both NFC contactless payment terminals and traditional magnetic strip card readers. To make an in-store payment:
Q. How do I make my Truliant debit or credit card the default card in Samsung Pay?
- Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top to access your payment cards.
- If necessary, swipe to the left or right to access the desired card.
- Place your finger on the Home key to verify your identity. If you are using your Samsung Pay PIN, touch PIN and enter your four-digit code.
- Place the back of your device against the card or NFC reader on the payment terminal. Note: If the connection is unsuccessful or too much time has elapsed, retry. You will not be required to verify your identity.
- If necessary, complete the transaction on the payment terminal. For example, if you are using a debit card, you are still required to enter your PIN. Some merchants/terminals may prompt you to verify the total charges are correct, while others will require a signature.
A. Samsung Pay does not have the option to set a default card. The last card you made a purchase with Samsung Pay will automatically appear as your default card the next time you open the app.
Q. Can I use Samsung Pay even without a Wi-Fi/cellular connection?
A. Yes, although you will only be able to make 10 payments without the device being on Wi-Fi or cellular data. You will also need to have an active internet connection to add a card and to access transaction history.
Q. How does Samsung Pay secure the transaction?
A. Samsung Pay does not store the account or debit or credit card numbers on the device, instead using tokenization for transactions. Each time a purchase is made, the Samsung Pay handset sends two pieces of data to the payment terminal. The first is a 16-digit token that represents the debit or credit card number, while the second piece is a one-time code or cryptogram that’s generated by the phone’s encryption key.
Q. What is a Device Account Number and how is it different from my Truliant debit and credit card account number?
A. For your security, when you add your card to Samsung Pay, a Device Account Number is created for this card on that device. It is separate and unique to your device and different from your card account number. Your Device Account Number is used to make purchases with your card using Samsung Pay. If you add the card to multiple devices, each device will have a separate Device Account Number.
Q. Does Samsung Pay show my Truliant debit and credit card transactions?
A. Samsung Pay displays recent debit and credit card purchases you made within the Wallet, but it won't display all your purchase details. You can obtain all of your debit and credit card transactions by signing into Truliant Online or Mobile Banking and selecting the appropriate account.
Q. How will Samsung Pay purchases appear on my monthly statement?
A. You will see all Samsung Pay purchases made with your Truliant debit and credit cards listed on your statement the same way as charges made with your physical cards.
Q. Why is my transaction amount sometimes reported differently in Samsung Pay?
A. Occasionally only initial authorization amounts will be passed to Samsung Pay, which might be different from the final transaction amount. As a result, you might see different transaction amounts from locations such as restaurants, gas service stations, hotels, and car rental companies.
Q. How do I return an item I bought using Samsung Pay in a store?
A. To return something you bought in-store with Samsung Pay you will need your store receipt, just like you would for any other purchase. If the merchant asks you to swipe your card, swipe up from the home button or open the Samsung Pay app, select the card you paid with, verify your fingerprint and then hover your device over the card reader to complete the return. For some returns, you might have to provide the last 4 digits of your device account number. You can find your device account number on the card details screen in your Samsung Pay app.
Note: If the merchant requires you to swipe the original card used to make the purchase:
You will need to use Samsung Pay to complete the return if you used Samsung Pay to make the purchase. You will not be able to use Samsung Pay to complete the return if you used your physical card to make the purchase.
You will need to use your physical card to complete the return if you used your physical card to make the purchase. You will not be able to use your physical card to complete the return if you used Samsung Pay to make the purchase.
Q. Does Truliant charge to use Samsung Pay?
A. No, Truliant does not charge any fees for this service.
Q. What should I do if my Samsung device is lost or stolen?
A. If you believe your device or Samsung Pay card information has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way, call us immediately at 800.822.0382
. If you locate your device after your card was disabled by us, you will need to add your card back to Samsung Pay. Samsung offers a free service to remotely lock or erase Samsung Pay. The service also has the ability to locate your device and erase all your stored personal information. We recommend enabling Find My Mobile in your Samsung account in advance, in case you need to search for it. To enable Find My Mobile so that you can remotely lock or erase your device:
- Log in to the Find My Mobile service with your Samsung account
- Select the device on which you want to use this feature and check its status
- Select the On button next to Remote Controls
- Select Locate my device from the menu on the left
Your physical debit and credit cards can continue to be used for purchases, even if you lose your device.
Q. What if my Truliant debit or credit card is lost or stolen?
A. Please call us immediately at 800.822.0382
. We will close your card so that no more purchases can be made. Please also mention that you are a Samsung Pay customer. Samsung Pay will show your card to be invalid once you have closed your debit or credit card. Once you receive your replacement card, it will need to be added to Samsung Pay before purchases can be made.
Q. How do I remove a card from Samsung Pay?
A. You can quickly delete a payment card from Samsung Pay. Deleting a card will only remove the payment information, including the digital card number (token) from the device. Your physical card will remain active. To remove a payment card:
Q. If I delete my cards from Samsung Pay, does that cancel my physical cards or can I continue to use them?
- Navigate to and touch Apps > Samsung Pay
- Touch debit or credit
- Touch the card you want to remove
- Touch the View More icon, then touch Delete card
- Select the reason why you want to remove the card, then touch DELETE
- To remove the card, touch DELETE again
A. Erasing the information on your device will have no effect on your physical cards. You can continue to use your cards as you normally would.
Q. Where can I learn more about Samsung Pay?
A. For more information about Samsung Pay, please visit the Samsung Pay website
Q: How will members contact Truliant with questions?
A: When adding a card, you may be prompted to call Truliant to verify the card. If you have further questions regarding Samsung Pay, please call 800.822.0382
Return to the Samsung Pay page