Current scholarship funds include:
- Fred J. Sarda Scholarships - Applicants must be: (1) a member of Truliant Federal Credit Union, and: (2) be enrolled or accepted to be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university.
- Clyde Padgett Scholarship – Eligible applicants must be a child or grandchild of a current Truliant employee, an employee who retired with full benefits or a volunteer/board member. Applicants must also be a member-owner of Truliant Federal Credit Union.
- General Fund Scholarships (Needs-Based) - Open to members of any credit union in North or South Carolina, applicants must demonstrate a financial need for scholarship funding. These funds are provided by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation.
Applicants will be evaluated by the Foundation's Scholarship Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic ability - Applicants should provide school transcripts. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required to be eligible for scholarship funding.
- Demonstrated writing ability – Applicants must submit an essay on the topic listed in the application.
- School activities – Applicants should list all school activities and explain which activity is most important and why.
- Community activities – Applicants should list all community activities unrelated to school and explain which activity is most important and why.
The application period for 2018 scholarships is now open. Click here
to apply for a college scholarship. Scholarship applications are electronic. No paper applications will be accepted. Scholarship applications will be accepted now through 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2018. Winners will be notified in March 2018.