2020 Scholarship Guidelines
Current scholarship funds include:
Fred J. Sarda Scholarships - Applicants must be: (1) a member of Truliant Federal Credit Union, and: (2) be enrolled or accepted to be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university.
Clyde Padgett Scholarship – Eligible applicants must be a child or grandchild of a current Truliant employee, an employee who retired with full benefits or a volunteer/board member. Applicants must also be a member-owner of Truliant Federal Credit Union.
General Fund Scholarships (Needs-Based) - Open to members of any credit union in North or South Carolina, applicants must demonstrate a financial need for scholarship funding. These funds are provided by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation.
Applicants will be evaluated by the Foundation's Scholarship Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
Demonstrated academic ability - Applicants should provide school transcripts. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required to be eligible for scholarship funding.
Demonstrated writing ability – Applicants must submit an essay on the topic listed in the application.
School activities – Applicants should list all school activities and explain which activity is most important and why.
Community activities – Applicants should list all community activities unrelated to school and explain which activity is most important and why.
2020-2021 Scholarship Timeline
- October 1, 2019 - Online application open
- February 1, 2020 - Application closes
- Early April 2020 - All winners and applicants are notified via email by the Foundation (letters are welcomed from credit unions)
- May 15, 2020 - All winners confirmed through the online portal using the online verification form
- June - July 2020 - Checks are processed and distributed to attending schools by the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation, on behalf of Truliant