Truliant pays the fixed payout rate, regardless of performance during the financial year.
Both Certificates and Certificates of Deposit offer a fixed return based on the initial investment and its term. Credit unions refer to these accounts as Certificates; banks call them Certificates of Deposit or CDs. Certificates acquired at a Credit Union are guaranteed by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), while Certificates of Deposit issued by banks are insured by the FDIC. Both guarantee your money will stay safe for the term of the account.
- Certificates require a minimum opening amount of $250.
- Money must remain within the certificate, and not withdrawn, for the duration of the certificate's term.
- Withdrawn certificate funds may incur a penalty fee.2
At Truliant, we know that when it comes to investing, there is no one-size-fits all. That's why we offer three different certificates to give you the versatility you're looking for whether you're opening your first certificate or are looking for a multi-certificate approach to investing.
When you open a term share certificate with Truliant, you have lots of options. We offer terms that range from three to 60 months, and you can open one with as little as $250. Our 14-month certificates even allow a one-time, penalty-free withdrawal after the first 60 days. We also offer 48-month and 60-month certificates for long-term growth at a higher rate.
Truliant Flex Certificates allow you to make over the counter deposits anytime for greater convenience. Additionally, you are eligible for a one-time rate bump up to 1% that will match the certificate’s current advertised rate. So, if our rates rise, yours does too.
While share certificates do offer the highest interest rates among savings accounts, they do lock up your money for long periods of time. A certificate ladder is a way to set up multiple certificates with varying terms so that they mature at different intervals. This way, you’ll have access to your funds when you need them without sacrificing your long-term growth efforts.
(1) APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Limited-time offer. Penalty for early withdrawal. Special requires a minimum deposit of $5,000 and entire balance must come from funds not currently on deposit at Truliant. Funds will roll over into a 12-month regular certificate upon maturity. Not available for business certificates.
(2) There are no maintenance fees associated with our certificates. However, if early withdrawal reduces the principal amount of the certificate below the stated Minimum Balance, the certificate will be canceled. In all cases of early withdrawal, a penalty will be imposed equal to the dividends on the principal withdrawn according to the chart below. Each time you withdraw principal early, you will be charged an early withdrawal penalty. If your account has not earned enough interest to cover an early withdrawal penalty, the Credit Union will deduct any interest first and take the remainder of the penalty from the principal.