Your money digitally with a credit union debit card, from Truliant.
- ATM access
- Connect to a digital wallet
- VISA® powered
- Overdraft protection1
A Truliant debit card gives you convenient access to the funds in your account.
A debit card is available with several different accounts:
- Truly Free Checking
- Advantage Checking
- Senior Advantage Checking
We have a list of convenient features and the Truliant network of affiliates provides an added benefit. Visit our FAQ's on debit cards.
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Easy access to Online Banking and the Truliant Tru2Go® app
- Low international exchange rates, with a fee of 1% of the transaction amount
- Purchase limits up to $15,000 total per day
- Card replacement available in all branches
- No maintenance fee
- Access to over 300,000 ATM locations worldwide
- Can be used at any business that accepts Visa
- ATM withdrawal limit up to $1,030 per day (no frequency limit)
Truliant debit cards work with these ATM networks:
- Truliant FCU
- Alliance One
Your debit card can be printed instantly at any branch location. If you choose postal mail, it could take up to 10 business days to receive your Debit Card. Arrival time may take longer due to instances such as weather or massive card mailings.
If you have not received your card after this timeframe, please contact a Truliant representative at 800.822.0382 for assistance.
If you are an established cardholder and either don’t know, have forgotten your PIN or need to change your PIN for your debit card please call 800.822.0382. To expedite the process please be sure to have your debit card available.
A debit card draws from the money you have available in your checking account. When you use your debit card, funds are immediately withdrawn from your checking account.
When you use a credit card, you are borrowing money from a finite line of credit offered by Truliant, depending on your credit limit. Each month you will receive a statement specifying your purchase amounts and details, as well as the minimum payment due. If you do not pay off your credit card in full each month you will be charged interest on the money you owe.
Yes, your debit card and credit card are accepted internationally!
If your ATM card is linked to a checking account, it will also be accepted internationally. Always notify Truliant prior to using your card abroad. You can contact us at 800.822.0382 and within Online Banking by clicking on the ‘Travel Notification’ in the Additional Services menu.
Yes, if making a payment through the Guest site (in addition to your financial institution’s debit card you can also use reloadable, unemployment and employer-issued debit cards). You can also transfer or schedule transfers of the funds to your loan.
No, if making a payment through the Registered site via Online or Mobile Banking.
Be aware of where you are using your card.
- Make sure when using a free-standing ATM that you do not see anything strange about the ATM card swipe area.
- If you are using your card online, be familiar and aware of the security standards on the website.
- *Register with Visa Secure® for added protection when using the card number remotely.
- Always know where your card is.
- Learn more about fraud and security alerts.
- In OLB you can also register for fraud notifications
Card replacement is free, up to 3 cards. All current fees are listed on our Fees and Service Charges page.
It is safer to choose credit transactions for any debit card transaction unless you need cash back. Credit is secured by the VISA network, which backs each transaction in case of fraud or an incorrect amount is posted. *Register with Visa Secure® for added protection when using the card number remotely.
However, based on the merchant terminal setting, members trying to bypass a required pin at a terminal may decline the transaction.
Please visit our Fraud Prevention Center page to view our best practices for banking securely, and to help you learn how to safeguard your personal information.
*Members do not have to do anything prior to using Visa Secure at a merchant, but do need to register if the merchant participates in the program.
Truliant Debit Rewards is one way we can reward you for using your debit card on your everyday purchases. Once you have made a certain amount of transactions with your debit card, you can redeem your points you've accrued for a free gift card of your choice.
Yes, our Balance Backup coverage offers members emergency overdraft protection1, allowing important items to clear and helping you avoid returned payment fees from payees.
- Truliant will strive to pay the following types of transactions when you do not have funds available.
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic recurring drafts made using your debit card number.
If we cover your overdraft, you can avoid the inconvenience of having your card declined. We offer the option of linking your checking account to a savings account or a line of credit to cover any overdraft costs.
Balance Backup1 is optional coverage that offers overdraft protection for everyday debit and ATM transactions. It also:
- Prevents embarrassment of declined debit card and transactions
- Available on Truly Free, Advantage and Senior Advantage checking accounts
- Anyone who qualifies for Truliant's Truly Free, Advantage or Senior Advantage checking accounts or who has qualified for a Preferred Line of Credit is eligible for our Balance Backup Overdraft Protection
Our Tru2Go ATM and Visa® Debit cards give you flexibility without any monthly fees, and now Visa Debit cards offer real time purchase alerts by email or text message.
- Access your money at tens of thousands of ATMs domestically and internationally within our network: Truliant FCU, CULIANCE, Visa, Plus, Interlink, Allpoint, Alliance One.
- ATM withdrawal limit-up to $1030 total per day (no frequency limit) to give you the spending power you need when you're on the go.
- Use your Visa Debit card to make purchases at any business in the world that accepts Visa with generous spending limits of $1,030 per day dependent on available account balances.
- Receive six free foreign (non-Truliant) ATM transactions per month when utilizing specified Truliant services each month.
- Shop confidently knowing Truliant has 24-hour fraud protection processes to help guard against card fraud when transactions are presented for authorization.
- Stay secure and up-to-date on your accounts by signing up for Visa Purchase Alerts by email and/or text
- Now available for use with Apple Pay™
- Overdraft fees may apply, visit our fees page for more information
Membership Savings Accounts
Make more of your membership with a variety of savings options to hit your goal.
Money Market Accounts
Truliant's money market accounts offer a blend of long-term savings at tiered rates.
With guaranteed returns on your investments, certificates are the perfect way to start investing.
(1) Truliant pays basic and Balance Backup overdrafts at our sole discretion, which means we do not guarantee to authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. Standard overdraft fees would apply. Members can avoid standard overdraft fees if using a savings account or line of credit (subject to credit approval) for overdraft protection.