Truliant helps you get ahead with savings options to fit your life.
- Earn money at a higher rate than regular savings
- Make your larger balances work harder for you
- No maintenance fees with minimum balance1
- Free checks and unlimited check-writing privileges
It’s important to have a diverse investment portfolio to reach your financial goals faster. And Truliant Federal Credit Union money market accounts can be an important part of your portfolio.
Truliant money market accounts ensure that:
- You earn dividends, typically higher than a traditional savings account
- Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA
- You can blend long-term savings at tiered rates
- You can have immediate access to your funds when you need it
- Apply for your money market account at one of our branches or over the phone.
- Once you apply, we will help to walk you through the rest of the process so if you ever have a question, we're here for you.
- You will be contacted within two business days to let you know of our decision.
- Your new money market account is available right away so you can start saving immediately.
A Truliant money market account works very similarly to a checking account. However, you’ll notice some additional perks that you don’t get with a standard checking or savings account. While the returns aren’t as high as a certificate, Truliant offers highly competitive dividends on these accounts. Plus, you’ll be able to make several withdrawals a month.2 Additionally, you’ll earn more interest as the account balance increases.
Getting started with a money market account is simple and easy and can be accessed with as little as $1,000. With three tiers to choose from, you're sure to find a money market option that works for you and your savings habits.
Select Money Market
Our Select Money Market can be opened with only $1,000. Members who opt for this account can earn up to 0.20% APY3 on any deposits less than $100,000 and can write up to three checks per month.
Select Plus Money Market
For larger balances of $100,000 of more, our Select Plus Money Market earns a higher return, currently 0.30% APY and allows six withdrawals per month.
Investors Money Market
Available through Truliant Financial Advisors, our Investors Money Market account features our highest dividends for maximum growth. This account includes free checks, unlimited check-writing privilege for your convenience and only requires a $10,000 opening and minimum balance.
Truliant Financial Advisors
Truliant Financial Advisors4 can help answer complex questions about retirement, insurance and investments. We have more than 50 years of experience in the financial planning and investment field to help you achieve your goals, address your needs and concerns related to your unique situation and make the right decisions for the long term.
Is a Money Market Account Right for You?
Money market accounts are a great way to earn more in interest than a standard savings account while having more access to your funds than a certificate of deposit. However, because of the higher dividends, often times money market accounts require a higher minimum balance than a savings account.
With guaranteed returns on your investments, Truliant certificates are perfect to start investing.Learn More
Membership Savings Accounts
Make more of your membership with a variety of savings options to hit your goal.Learn More
Truly Free Checking with Tru2Go
Get the most of your membership with free checking accounts.Learn More
Federally insured by NCUA.
(1) Select Money Market and Select IRA Money Markets = $10 monthly fee applies if the balance drops below $1,000; Select Plus Money Market = $15 monthly fee applies if the balance drops below $100,000; Investors Money Market = $20 monthly fee applies if the balance drops below $10,000. Visit our rates page for more information.
(2) Federal regulation requires that we limit certain types of transactions from money market accounts to six (6) transfers or withdrawals per month per account. FR-1686158.1-0117-0219.
(3) APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Money Market rates are subject to change weekly.
(4) Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA / SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. The Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
The calculator on this page is solely for informational purposes and provides reasonably accurate estimates; the calculations are not intended to be relied upon as actual yield computations.