Virtually anyone can join.1
Start enjoying the benefits of membership right away — a minimum $5.00 deposit in a Membership Savings account2 is all you need to open an account and begin a financial journey with a partner who's goal is to save you money, pay you more interest, and serve you better. We make it easy for you as the memebrship application is built into the new account or loan application.
Who is Eligible?
- If you live, work, worship or attend school in a county near one of our branches
- If you work for one of our business partners
- If you have an immediate family or household member who is currently a member of Truliant
- If you live in GA, NC, SC, TN or VA, you can join through the American Consumer Council
Why Choose Truliant?
- Members First. We improve lives by providing award-winning service and putting members first.
- Lower Fees. Because we’re not-for-profit, we’re able to charge lower fees and less of them. We’re more interested in helping you grow your money, not losing it to hidden costs.
- Great Rates. We’re owned by our members, and we want to make the boss – you – happy! A growing, active membership empowers Truliant to offer competitive, member-friendly rates — for loans, and deposits and savings as well.
Accounts & Features - a little gets you a lot!
Our online application is easy. Once you're in our application, we'll ask for some personal information and give you the opportunity to choose which additional accounts you would like to open. For example, many of our members choose to add a Truly Free Checking account which features no minimum balance and no maintenance fees to accompany their Membership Savings account.
You can have a debit card with your new account and rest assured with Balance Backup+, our enhanced overdraft protection.
By adding your different selections, you only have to apply once, and we'll take care of the rest.
Even as a non-member, you can apply for one of our loan products such as an auto loan, personal loans, or home equity lines of credit. You can apply for your loan and membership all with one application. Simply go to your desired loan page from the 'Borrow' menu above and click on any 'Apply' button or link. Then select, 'New Member'.
You can also choose to apply for a loan after you join Truliant.
Enjoy 24/7 access to your new accounts with our Online Banking and Tru2Go® mobile app. You can view your accounts, transfer funds, open new accounts and apply for loans and so much more, right from your computer or mobile device.
You will receive an email, shortly after your membership and other accounts are approved, that will walk you through signing up. Once these are confirmed, you can use your new credentials to sign in to Digital Banking, including the Tru2Go mobile app.
- Manage your funds or open a new account quickly by downloading our Tru2Go app from Apple or Tru2Go for Android.
- Register to receive documents digitally, under 'Additional Services', click on 'Statements & Documents' in online banking or under the 'More' menu in our Tru2Go mobile app.
- Setting up your direct deposit is easy, download our Direct Deposit form, add your account number and type, then give it to your company's human resource representative.
- Our Early Pay program lets you access your money up to two days before your payday on Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct deposits4.
- If you have any questions or just need a little assistance, we're always happy to help. Give us a call at 800-822-0382.
(2) As a condition of your membership, you must maintain a Membership Savings account with a $5.00 minimum balance. Opening deposits vary by account type. Credit approval and other restrictions may apply.
(3) To apply online, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident to apply. Must meet qualifications in online form.