Supporting and strengthening nonprofit organizations.
Truliant Foundation’s Charitable Giving program provides further investment in nonprofit organizations who are strengthening and improving local communities. The Truliant Foundation Advisory Board's Charitable Giving committee reviews proposals submitted through this program. For guidelines and eligibility, please review our charitable giving guidelines below.
Consideration is given to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- Have a tax-exempt status under IRS section 501(c)(3)
- Have been in operation for at least three years
- Have a volunteer board overseeing the organization’s operations
- Align with one of our focus areas
- Provide services to individuals living in a community with a Truliant Member Financial Center
The Truliant Foundation is unable to support the following types of requests:
- Capital campaigns or general operating expenses
- Individuals or families, including those raising funds or pledges to support a single individual or a family unit
- Faith-based organizations or religious programs
- For-profit organizations or those without 501(c)(3) status
- Political candidates, parties, campaigns or causes
- Clubs, groups and organizations within a school (booster clubs, athletics, PTO/PTA organizations)
- Nonprofits operating outside of a Truliant community
- Groups that discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status
Any nonprofit organization interested in charitable grants must complete our Charitable Giving application. The Truliant Foundation Advisory Board reviews requests every other month. Requests are accepted throughout the year, and below is the review schedule:
Applications submitted by 1/15/22 will be reviewed in February.
Applications submitted by 3/15/22 will be reviewed in April.
Applications submitted by 5/15/22 will be reviewed in June.
Applications submitted by 7/15/22 will be reviewed in August.
Applications submitted by 9/15/22 will be reviewed in October.
Applications submitted by 11/15/22 will be reviewed in December.
Truliant Federal Credit Union supports organizations most consistent with the focus areas outlined. All organizations will be contacted regarding their application status. For more information, contact [email protected].
About the Truliant Foundation
Established in 2021 to support Truliant Federal Credit Union’s commitment to community and the credit union’s social responsibility to give back to the neighbors we serve, the Truliant Foundation elevates the “People Helping People” credit union philosophy by providing donations, grants and scholarships to the community and relief funds to employees facing unforeseen personal hardships.