Supporting and strengthening nonprofit organizations.
Truliant Federal Credit Union’s Charitable Program provides further investment in nonprofit organizations who are strengthening and improving local communities. Truliant has an internal committee of staff members who volunteer their time to review proposals that are submitted through this program. For guidelines and eligibility, please review our 2021 Charitable Contributions Giving Guidelines.
Consideration is given to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- Have a tax-exempt status under IRS section 501(c)(3)
- Have been in operation for at least three years
- Have a volunteer board overseeing the organization’s operations
- Align with one of our focus areas
- Provide services to individuals living in a community with a Truliant Member Financial Center
Truliant is unable to support the following types of requests:
- Capital campaigns or general operating expenses
- Individuals or families, including those raising funds or pledges to support a single individual or a family unit
- Faith-based organizations or religious programs
- For-profit organizations or those without 501(c)(3) status
- Political candidates, parties, campaigns or causes
- Clubs, groups and organizations within a school (booster clubs, athletics, PTO/PTA organizations)
- Nonprofits operating outside of a Truliant community
- Groups that discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status
Any nonprofit organization interested in charitable funds must complete our 2021 Charitable Contributions application. The charitable committee reviews requests every other month. Requests are accepted throughout the year.
Meeting dates for 2021 are outlined here:
- February 8, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- June 14, 2021
- August 9, 2021
- October 18, 2021
- December 13, 2021
It can take up to three months for an application to be fully considered. Truliant Federal Credit Union supports organizations most consistent with the focus areas outlined in this document. All organizations will be contacted regarding their application status. For more information, contact [email protected].