Truliant provides funding of up to $1,500 for nonprofit operating and other expenses.
The application period for Truliant's 2021 Mini Grants is now closed. Thank you to all those who participated. Winners will be notified in late June.
Truliant's popular Mini Grant program provides grants up to $1,500 for programming expenses for nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status who have operated for a minimum of three years.
Consideration is given to nonprofits that meet the following criteria:
- Have a tax-exempt status under the IRS section 501(c)(3)
- Have been in operation for at least three years
- Have a volunteer board overseeing the organization
- Align with one of our focus areas (outlined below)
Focus Areas for 2021:
Community Development: Nonprofit and community organizations that cultivate relationships, social responsibility, civic engagement and collaboration that build community.
- Partnerships among community organizations
- Community empowerment & building activities
- Seasonal needs or disaster relief
Economic Mobility: Nonprofit and community organizations providing personal guidance and activities that build financial stability and social responsibility for individuals and their families.
- Food insecurity
- Access to transportation
- Workforce development
Financial Wellness: Nonprofit and community organizations that are specifically engaged in activities that promote and improve financial inclusion and financial literacy.
- First time homebuyer programs
- Financial counseling
- Efforts to build or establish credit
Youth & Education: Nonprofit and community organizations supporting education and programming from middle school through high school.
- Student mentoring and leadership development
- Soft skills development
- Efforts to support and retain teachers
Funding Exclusions: Truliant is unable to support some requests.
- Capital campaigns
- Individuals or families
- Faith-based organizations
- For-profit organizations or those without a 501(c)(3) status
- Political candidates, parties, campaigns or causes
- Clubs, groups and organizations within a school
- Nonprofits operating outside of a Truliant community that discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected status