We're here to support you when you don't have enough money in your account to cover a transaction. Our ChecProtect coverage offers members emergency overdraft protection that will allow important items to clear and help them avoid returned payment fees from payees.
ChecProtect Has Your Back, and Your Checks Covered
- Covers up to $300 on Basic, Advantage and Senior Advantage checking accounts. It also includes all Money Market accounts (including fees) when funds are unavailable (paper checks, electronic drafts and debit card transactions run as credit).
- The next deposit into your account will be used to pay the amount of the overdraft. This repayment needs to occur within 15 days of the overdraft to keep ChecProtect active.
- Choose to add or remove ChecProtect from your account anytime
We’re committed to your financial well-being and we want to help you improve your financial situation. To qualify for ChecProtect, we ask that you meet these criteria:
- You automatically qualify if you maintain a Truliant Preferred Line of Credit
- Meet credit requirements if your checking account has been open fewer than six months
- For member-owners with checking accounts open more than six months, you must meet credit requirements plus use direct deposit or show a history of depositing at least $400 monthly.
- If you’re a member-owner with a checking account open more than six months, but you don’t meet credit requirements, you'll need an average monthly checking balance of at least $200 for the past three months; fewer than four returned items in the past six months; and use direct deposit or show a history of depositing at least $400 monthly.
Preferred Lines of Credit Deliver Great Protection Inexpensively
- Provides automatic overdraft payment on checking accounts with a low, variable rate based on your loan limit amount
- No maintenance fees or other fees when you use this unsecured loan to cover an overdraft
- Open a line of credit between $500 and $35,000 to obtain the flexibility you need
- Enjoy a low monthly payment (2% of your balance with a $50 minimum)
To qualify for a Preferred Line of Credit, we ask that you meet these criteria:
- All loans are subject to credit approval
- Meet additional requirements that may apply based on underwriter specifications
Ready to Apply?
When you’re striving to reach your goals, Truliant can help you achieve them as your financial partner. Contact us to sign up for our Overdraft Protection Options and get the peace of mind you need. Or feel free to visit one of our Member Financial Centers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. Truliant is committed to providing the products and services members need to strengthen their finances and improve their lives.