Manage your money with a Truliant Checking Account.
- 24/7 online application
- Includes debit card, online banking and mobile app
- Built-in overdraft protection1
- Totally free checking available
You worked hard for your money and shouldn’t have to pay someone to hold it for you.
Truliant’s Truly Free Checking(2) makes it easy to manage your money:
- Apply for your checking account at one of our branches, over the phone or online using our quick, convenient digital application, available virtually anywhere.
- Once you apply, we will help to walk you through the rest of the process so if you ever have a question, we're here for you. If you applied online, you can expect the same personalized attention from one of our Deposit Team members.
- You will be contacted within two business days to let you know of our decision.
- Your new account is available right away so you can access your account online, through one of our locations and at our large network of ATMs.
At Truliant, we believe that you shouldn't have to pay to have access to your money. While we have our most popular Truly Free Checking available, we also offer other checking accounts that may better suit your needs.
Truly Free Checking
It’s all in the name. Truliant’s Truly Free Checking account isn’t a stripped-down version of a premier account with more features. It’s a no-strings-attached better way to bank. There is no minimum balance to maintain and no maintenance fees. Plus, you get a VISA debit card or ATM card, and access to Digital Banking, the latest technology to help you manage your money anytime, anywhere.
Our Advantage Checking helps you to grow your money by earning dividends at a higher rate than our Truly Free Checking. This option is best for members who maintain a $2,500 minimum balance in a checking, savings or money market account.3
Senior Advantage Checking
Specifically designed for members who are 55 years and older, our Senior Advantage Checking account provides higher dividends than our Truly Free Checking without having to maintain a minimum balance.
Learning how to maintain a checking account requires a disciplined approach. We're here to help you improve your financial situation with a no-fuss, free checking account. Launch checking allows you to manage your money stress-free with no minimum balance requirement. Best of all, after six months of responsible activity, you may qualify for an upgrade to Truly Free Checking.
A great checking account is one that works for our members. From getting cash back on everyday purchases to built-in protections, get more out of your checking account at Truliant.
Our checking accounts offer complete access to Digital Banking and the Tru2Go mobile app where you can deposit checks, transfer funds, pay bills and manage your money online.
VISA® Debit and ATM Cards
We understand you need quick, easy access to your money. Our Tru2Go ATM and VISA Debit cards give you flexibility without any monthly fees, and our VISA Debit cards offer real time purchase alerts by email or text. Plus, all Truliant VISA debit cards can be uploaded into your smartphone’s mobile wallet.
Access your money at more than two million ATM locations worldwide through these networks: Truliant, Plus, Credit Union 24, Money Pass, Allpoint and Alliance One. Withdraw up to $500 per day at ATMs to give you the spending power you need when you're on the go.
Get Cash Back with your Debit Card
In addition to the purchasing power of VISA, you can get cash back when you use your Truliant VISA® Debit card to shop with merchants that participate in our Get Cash Back program. Every month, there are great new offers from your favorite entertainment, food and clothing retailers that are updated regularly. You simply choose the offers you’re interested in, and money is automatically deposited into your checking account every month.
Your Truly Free Checking and Advantage accounts have Overdraft Protection1 built in, which means we’ll cover overdrafts on your account for reoccurring debit transactions, paper checks and ACH transactions using your checking account number.
You can also opt-in to Balance Backup, which adds an extra layer of protection on everyday debit transactions and trips to the ATM.
How to Make a Budget
Making a budget is crucial for helping you to save money and keeping an eye on your spending. However, oftentimes people find creating a budget to be tedious and difficult. Start the process of making a budget that works for you and your goals today.
Membership Savings Accounts
Make more of your membership with a variety of savings options to hit your goal.Learn More
With guaranteed returns on your investments, Truliant certificates are perfect to start investing.Learn More
Money Market Accounts
Truliant's money market accounts offer a blend of long-term savings at tiered rates.Learn More
(1) Truliant pays basic and Balance Backup overdrafts at our sole discretion, which means we do not guarantee to authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
(2) Must meet credit bureau and ChexSystems qualifications. Speak with a Truliant representative for details.
(3) Free if minimum daily balance of $2,500 is maintained. If your balance falls below the minimum daily balance, your account will be subject to a $7.50 fee for that month.