Due to inclement weather, on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, Truliant's Wytheville, Va. location will close at 2 p.m.
Due to icy conditions, on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2018, Truliant's Piedmont Triad locations, including our headquarters office and Randolph and Alamance County locations, will open at 10 a.m. All other locations will have normal business hours. Open accounts and apply for loans here, or call us at (800) 822-0382.
media room

Truliant Provides Free Income Tax Preparation

Truliant Provides Free Income Tax Preparation

Release date: 1/17/2012

Winston-Salem, N.C., (January 18, 2012) – As a service to the community, Truliant Federal Credit Union is hosting a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site in the Fred J. Sarda Pavilion Building at their headquarters at 3200 Truliant Way in Winston-Salem. VITA is a free tax preparation service for families and individuals who make up to $50,000 a year.

The VITA Program is sponsored by the Forsyth Working Families Partnership, a group of community agencies that work together to help eligible families receive Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC), a tax benefit for low to moderate income families with children. It is estimated that millions of dollars in EITC go unclaimed by eligible working families every year.

Truliant employees, who are IRS-certified through the program, volunteer their time to offer the public this free service with electronic filing for quick refund, in addition to resources for savings and home ownership. “This year, we are excited about having four high school students from East Forsyth working with us as certified tax preparers,” according to Marjorie Rorie, Truliant’s director of community services. “They’ve worked hard to train in order to volunteer their service as preparers for the program.” The site will operate Saturdays, beginning January 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through April 14, 2012. No appointments necessary.

Individuals taking advantage of Truliant’s free service need to bring a picture ID, Social Security card or International Tax Identification Number (ITIN), and the Social Security card of each independent to be claimed, the employer ITIN or Social Security number of child care providers, W-2 form(s), and 1099(s) or last year’s tax return, if applicable. Those wishing to take advantage of direct deposit on any refund must also bring their checking or savings account information.

For more information, please visit ForsythFreeTax.org or call Truliant at 336-293-2054.