Truliant Introduces Touch ID & Eye Scan App Sign-In
Release date: 5/9/2016
WINSTON-SALEM, NC (May 9, 2016) – Truliant Federal Credit Union recently launched several new features for its Tru2Go mobile app as part of an upgrade to better meet members’ changing needs and help them better monitor their daily financial picture.
Truliant is committed to helping members easily manage their accounts on mobile or tablet devices. The new updates include the introduction of fingerprint Touch and Eye Scan ID sign-in and a Quick Balance swiping feature.
“As more Truliant members embrace digital technologies for simplifying daily tasks, we continue to develop our mobile banking Tru2Go app to provide a faster and more convenient online experience that fits their schedule, not just our hours of operation,” said Karen DeSalvo, chief marketing officer of Truliant.
New features are intended to provide members with a more secure and seamless banking experience. They include:
- Biometric Login. Now members can log in to the Tru2Go mobile banking app by phone with a look or a touch. While Apple users are probably familiar with the Touch ID feature to unlock their devices, they can now use it as fingerprint recognition login to the Tru2Go app. For both Apple and Android users, Truliant has added password-free EyePrint IDTM eye-scan login for Apple and Android phones.
- Quick Balance. Members can now swipe the Tru2Go app login screen for instant balances and their last five transactions from the last 30 days – without logging in.
- New Additional App Features. Mobile and tablet users can now access more of the time and money saving features they have enjoyed through online banking, including:
- TruRewards, Truliant’s debit purchase rewards program. Members can chose promoted offers from national retailers that are returned as cash to their checking accounts via the app.
- Popmoney® funds transfer service eliminates the hassle of checks and cash by allowing members to easily send money by email or text to other people or businesses.
- Bill Pay is now available for members to conveniently schedule payments through the app.
Truliant Members used a smartphone or tablet to deposit more than 198,000 checks into their Truliant accounts in 2015. The Tru2Go mobile app received more than 776,000 logins in April 2016 compared to 534,000 logins in April 2015, an increase of about 45 percent.
Additionally, the credit union sent 34,712 text banking alerts in April 2016 to give members instant updates on account balances, deposits, transactions and potential unauthorized purchases.
About Truliant Federal Credit Union
Truliant Federal Credit Union is a mission-driven, not-for-profit financial institution that promises to always have its member-owners’ best interest at heart by improving their lives through providing financial guidance and affordable financial services. Truliant was chartered in 1952 and now serves more than 199,000 members and currently has 31 Member Financial Centers in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. For more information on Truliant Federal Credit Union, visit www.truliant.org.
For information, contact:
(o) 336.293.2054 (c) 336.442.5736